Reflection and Suggestion

Prepare the topic to teach

In this practicum, I got 3 subjects to teach including Science, ICT, and Mathematics. I got the different topics that I prepare before practice teaching, so I needed to rewrite the lesson plans. My mentor suggested I suppose to teach the core subject more than 1.  After I got the topics, I found the textbooks and workbooks to specify what should be taught and started to write my lesson plan.

Purpose of practicum

The difference purpose in each subject and the most purpose focused on the participation of teaching. Mathematics has the specific purpose from the school curriculum. So the lesson plan has to be created as below:
ICT:
- Students will be able built text in MS Paint.
Science:
- Students will be able to identify the nature of each group of living things.
- Students will be able to give reasons to support a response/an opinion.
Mathematics:
- Students will be able to recall multiplication facts of 9.
- Students will be able to apply skip-counting strategy to find the multiplication facts of 9
- Students will be able to commit the nine facts to memory.

Procedures of practicum

I started warming up into the lesson by greeting students and make the rule in the classroom with them. I told them the topics and continued teaching the lesson that I explain with the materials, for example, the pocket wall for teaching Mathematics that I put the dinosaurs into each row to show the addition of 9 then put the multiplication sentence and the number of results., the living things picture cards for students identify into each group of living things. During of teaching, I gave the students some questions to make them use the thinking process.
Then I have a game to drill the students remember the lesson I teach. Students love to play the game and look enjoyed with it. After that, I asked the students to do the worksheet about and I walked around the class to observe their performance and help them with difficult questions.

Outcomes of practicum

The most student has good participated and achieved good results, for example, They can identify the groups of the living thing and they can tell me the nature of each group. They can recall multiplication facts of 9. They can match the multiplication cards and number cards. They can build the picture with formatting text.

The challenges of practicum

It was the first time that I taught in English. I was excited and nervous when I stood in front of the classroom. I worried about the student can't understand what I say and my lesson. I try to make it easy, so I use the material and game to help me teach. Science is the first subject I teach, I make some mistake about the content and I improve it later.

Overall impression

I love this school very much because the teachers are friendly and kind. The students so cute and they are active learning. They interested in the lesson and game. I feel happy when I saw a smile on their face. I had many experiences from teaching practice and improved my English skills.

Suggestions for future improvement

I want to try the new experience and learn the new things that challenged me. However, everything is not perfect. There are many things improved. First of all, the English language it's very important to develop myself in many skills and important for communication. Second, don’t be shy and nervous when you teach in class because students will be bored and confused. Third, make sure about the procedures of teaching because your class won't be learn anything. Finally, you should prepare for the problem will be happening in the classroom that you must improve it suddenly.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1 September 2018: Camp day

Pedagogical Contents